Sorry it's been so long since I posted. I work in the school system and we just got done for the summer.....yippeee!!! The two weeks before that was nutso, hence the lack of posting.
In the mean time however....I did my last two blood tests which finally yielded and HCG reading of 0.6. As of 6/7 this cycle was finally over, finis, done...ended. Although I've been waiting for this day so I can move on from this nightmare of a cycle, I had mixed feelings about it. It finally meant the whatever was left of the embryo(s) was officially gone. Our babies who had started off as something, turned into nothing. They just took a really long time to get there. Relief overruled the emotions, but a fair amount of sadness was there too.
I had a good cry and finally felt the door close on this long chapter. Now on to the next phase....but in the mean time we're going to enjoy some time with each other and let my body get back to normal (whatever that is :) ) Thanks again for all your words of support and encouragement... xo,Cherm
Summer Vacation!!!! I am glad that this cycle is finally over and you can move on. Big hugs!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that your body is returning to normal, I didn't really know that it took so long.
ReplyDelete@Michele: Thanks, me too. It doesn't normally take that long. After a chemical the body typically "miscarries" the embryo right away and you end up getting AF pretty soon after. In my case they think there was a blighted ovum or possible threat of an ectopic pg. What ever it was it just kept producing cells and just wouldn't release. So this is was an abnormal situation. I just hope it doesn't happen to anyone else!
ReplyDeleteI know it was bitter sweet, but now you can move to the next step:) I hope you enjoy each other fully...hugs xo
ReplyDeleteI totally get the mixed feelings, my friend....soooooo glad it's over, and that you're ready to move on. Yay for summer vacay!!!! :D
ReplyDelete