Tuesday, March 29, 2011

2WW=(fill in blank)

Some call it dreaded.....some call it hell......I call it surreal, agonizing, maddening, joyful, hopeful, desperate.....a mixed bag perhaps?

Although we've been through the 2WW many times before, this is the first time going through an IVF 2WW. What have I been doing the last two weeks you ask? Donating my body to science so that we can  become pregnant through the most advanced ART available in this world of IF. I honestly freaked out at the thought of having to go through this the very first time I was told this might be our only way. We're talking hysterical sobbing, nervous break-down, full-on drama fest.  Eventually, I got over it when I realized this just might be our only chance to have a biological child. I got over because I didn't want to go through life with regrets if we didn't at least try it once.

This is where the "donating my body to science" part comes in. The other part about the freak out had to do with the financial obligations of doing an IVF cycle. So when we were faced with either adoption (which is a VERY honorable way to grow your family) or IVF, I went into research mode to find a way we could do IVF with little or no financial obligation. With the help of a close friend, I found one!

Long story short....(I know, too late). That's what I've been doing the last two weeks. I started the process on  March 11th. The ER was on March 21st and we transferred back two embryos on March 24th. Five days into the 2WW and I haven't lost it (completely)...... yet.

This whole journey is one giant roller coaster, but this wait is it's own fun, twisty, turny roller coaster in and of itself. Mr. Bags (my DH) has been amazing through it all and continues to be my rock. I couldn't have done it without him....literally. :)

5 comments:

  1. Good luck and hope the time flies by :)
    Its nice to hear you got in a trial....we looked due to the cost of IVF (again), but could find nothing in our area....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you are in a 2ww for an ivf cycle and you haven't posted? Wow, I can't believe it!! You are almost halfway there, I hope lendIng your body to be the medium for a science experiment is effective!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @amiracle4us: Thanks! I hope it does too. Keep looking! New ones seem to pop up all the time. I also looked at clinics in neighboring cities where we had family so we could stay with them if needed. I also looked at major Universities.
    @Gurlee: I know right??? I guess I'm really trying to down play it and not get too excited so as to protect myself from major disappointment but it will happen regardless I supposed. Thanks for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Bags, eh? Is that short for Mr. Money Bags? lol ;-) Crossing fingers that science is on your side, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the the Mr Bags name!! yeah! lol!!! and yeah for some followers. Gurlee and AMiracleForUs are on my followers too. They ROCK!

    ReplyDelete