Sorry I didn't get to update until now. Was kind of a crazy day yesterday. Then I worked this AM.
OK..now for the results....it doubled to 120!!!!!
The news did not come without drama though...let me elaborate. So I know I've mentioned my favorite PA. She's been the one calling me with the results the last couple of times. Well she was out of town on conference so I knew she wouldn't be calling me and she told me that her coordinating nurse would be. So I waited patiently until about 2:30 (they normally they call between 11 and 1) and called the clinic. Sounds like the fax came in, but they hadn't given it to the nurse yet. So I waited another 45 min and who calls me?...Dr. F. my stomach dropped a bit when I heard his voice. If he's calling me it can't be good. After we exchange greetings he says to me, "well here we go again." My heart starts pounding and my stomach is now in my shoes. SHIT!
He precedes to tell me that since the PA has been following me he wasn't sure where my numbers were at so he asks me about Wed. numbers and said, "Oh, well today's was 120" and I said, "that's good right?", he said, "yeah that's fine it doubled". So then he preceded to ask me about Monday's numbers and said he told the PA that it was OK. She had told me it was in the average range. ANYWAY..all is good and I am breathing again. I think my RE is good at what he does, but damn the man needs some training in bedside manner! The only thing I could figure is that he was thinking of another patient. I'm planning on giving him some shit when I see him next! :D
The next step will be to go in for an u/s on Mon. 9/26. He said they're looking to make sure it's not ectopic and to see the gestational sack and fetal pole. Wow...can't believe I just wrote that sentence!
Still cautiously excited and I don't think we'll rest easy until 7-8 weeks from now...or even 36 weeks for that matter! Thank you so much for all your beautiful thoughts and comments! xo
Good news! Congratulations on the doubling!
ReplyDeleteSo great your betas are going up, up, up. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHoly CRAP!! My heart fell into my stomach after reading what your doc said! Damn him!! LOL! Congratulations, mama! So friggin' happy for you. :D
ReplyDeleteThat is such good news!!!!! I'm so excited for you. I haven't seen many BFPs lately around here so glad you got one and things are headed the right direction.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone!!! It means so much to see your comments. It's still surreal and unbelievable but exciting too! Six more days until the u/s eeeeek!
ReplyDeleteI'm praying, praying, and praying that your ultrasound goes well on the 25th. I will be following along very closely. How are you feeling physically?
ReplyDelete